World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Character Applications

Go down 
+2
Matthew Williams
Ivan Braginski
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

Character Applications - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:58 pm

>Kalina
Hey~ Nice sample~ Here are your questions:
-What would be her opinion on Alt(Pakistan), before and after knowing he takes drugs?
-What would she do if she caught someone throwing his chewing-gum on the ground?
-What's her relationship with Yusof(Malaysia)?

>Heracles: You're accepted~ you can make an account and join the chat. Ivan will activate it as soon as she can~
Back to top Go down
Lee Ter Min

Lee Ter Min

Birthday : 1994-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:54 am

-What would be her opinion on Alt(Pakistan), before and after knowing he takes drugs?

Lee is, and never has been, a person to judge someone before she knows them. However, once an impression is made, it is hard for her to change her opinion of that person. When she first met Alt, she thought of him as being a frank and fun person, even though he had been a little too emphatic on his religion for her liking. After finding out that he took drugs, her first thought had been “Wah. Damn expensive leh.” [Translation to proper English: “Drugs cost a lot!”] Apart from trying to dissuade him from taking drugs (and hence wasting more money, in her opinion) she still retains the same view of him. However, she has become more wary around him, as she associates drugs with unsavory characters.

-What would she do if she caught someone throwing his chewing-gum on the ground?

Having had the post of prefect back in Singapore, she does not take littering lightly. Upon seeing someone throwing chewing gum on the ground, she would ask him/her politely to pick it up and dispose of it properly. If that person refuses to, she would use threats to make them do as she says, or if she was feeling particularly generous that day, pick the gum up with a piece of non-water-absorbent rubbish and throw it into the nearest dustbin.

-What's her relationship with Yusof(Malaysia)?

Lee considers Yusof to be a very close childhood rival-cum-friend, despite the numerous quarrels they have had over the years. Despite Yusof’s clear dislike of coarse language, she still persists in using it, especially so when he is within hearing range, just so that she can take delight in annoying him. She also takes small pleasures in beating Yusof (not literally –after all, she did not like violence

that
much
) from things like petty arguments to school grades. However, there are rare moments of peace between the two, usually when animals are involved or when they are both working towards a common aim.
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 am

Great answers~ You can change your username in your profile, and then you can create an introduction here: http://theworldacademy.friendhood.net/introductions-f4/
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

PostSubject: Applying for Quebec!   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Nation: Québec

Name: Mathieu Desjardins

Sample: While waiting on the chair in the hallway located just beside the registration office, Mathieu was tapping his feet in slight annoyance. He thought he was used to the good ol’ British tradition of queueing,but hélas, he was never a patient man.

He never was, especially when he had to witness this snobby Frenchman selling his so-called l’amour universel for free. He never was, especially when he had to swallow down the harsh yet passive indifference shown by his lovely brother (Matthew Williams, truly a prick in disguise) in regard of his nation’s (his own) identité.

As the very embodiment of Québec, Mathieu Desjardins struggled hard to prove who he was to the broad world. He succeeded to preserve his very définition and his fundamentals through centuries of possible assimilation; he worked so hard to shine, to shine and rise and to shine again so he could stand on his own feet...

(Though, he still remembered those tears gently brushing Matthew’s cheek when he solemnly declared that he would live on his own.)

...Back to the topic. Here he was, waiting in the hall of the prestigious World Academy W, a multicultural university gathering students and teachers of all possible nationalities and backgrounds. Oh, what an amazing occasion to prove himself.

Yes, he would show to this new world the brilliant history of Les Canadiens, the fabulous night sight of Montréal from Mont-Royal, and the truly-warming smile of peasants during harvest season.

He would declare to this new world how proud he was to live in his own skin, while cherishing his solid brotherhood with Matthew.

[hélas=alas; l'amour universel: universal love; identité=identity, définition=definition, not so hard eh?]
[So erm, salutation from an ex-Québecoise. Now I look back, this sample looks more like a speech to me...]
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 pm

That was pretty good, but it did seem a lot like you were writing as Quebec rather than somebody FROM Quebec. Just a reminder that this is an alternate universe where they are just people FROM their countries.

Also, we think that if you name him Mathieu it will get VERY confusing with Matthew wondering around, so perhaps another name would be best?

But other than that we like it a lot. Here are your questions:

How do you think Mathieu would react to being called generically "Canadian" rather than specifically "Quebecois"?
What do you think is Mathieu's favourite food?
What do you think Mathieu's relationship with a character representing the Republic of Ireland would be like?
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 am

Oh, sorry for my inattention. I was a bit confused as Quebec does not have a human name (he only appeared once), so I immediately thought that this roleplay is based on nations rather than humans from certain nations...
And because Quebec is a part of Canada and played a vital role in Canadian history, I named him so. (Thus, the confusion was intended, but now acknowledging that I misunderstood the concept I am going to revise it.)

How do you think Mathieu would react to being called generically "Canadian" rather than specifically "Quebecois"?
It is without any doubt that he is going to protest against such appellation, as Quebecois struggled so hard to preserve their French heritage and their unique identity. Frankly, even being called "French Canadian" wouldn't satisfy him. As I portray Mathieu as a rather passionately violent young man, insisting of calling him "Canadian" rather than "Quebecois" would probably result in a punch on the face. (Though I doubt that he would be mistaken for a Canadian due to his heavy Quebecois accent.)

What do you think is Mathieu's favourite food?
Poutine of course! It warms up people's heart during cold, heartless Canadian winter (lot of snowfalls in the Easter Region) and beside, it is the symbolic dish of Quebec. (Hmm French fries with gravy and cheese...)

What do you think Mathieu's relationship with a character representing the Republic of Ireland would be like?
They probably would be very good friends or drink buddies(friendship comparable to the Bad Trio, I mean, badass-like.). When I was thinking for his name, I even thought of naming him "Patrick"... In my opinion, their characters would share many resemblances: frank, somewhat violent, and very honest in deep heart. Historically speaking, because of religious and cultural resemblance (both are devoted catholic), Ireland had influenced Quebec in many ways (they even plotted a massive rebellion during the 1800's) .
Back to top Go down
Gupta

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:08 am

Name: Gupta Muhammad Hassan

Sample: Gupta wasn't sure what good it would bring by changing schools for 'better opportunities,' but his mother simply wanted what was best for her only son and World Academy W was apperently it. He hadn't really wanted to leave his school in Cairo but the Egyptian boy loved his mother dearly so he had no qualms to voice.

Gupta ran his hand through his short, black hair before donning his keffiyeh. He thought about not wearing it for this new school considering that the current climate he would be inhabiting was far from what he was used to. No ninty degrees every day, no sand storm on the occation, no outside almost most of the day in the scorching sun kind of place. Nope; this place was more of an oasis. Something he did actually see quite often but was never allowed to splash around in.

But as he ran his dark skinned hand over the white keffiyeh, he felt as if it was more apart of his identity then a handy shading/protecting device. He's worn one since he was young and now, it will become a symbol of where he came from and what he is there to represent; Egypt.

With national pride running through him, he put on his keffiyeh and secured it with a twine band. He briefly smoothed out his blue blazer, grabbed his bag, and stepped out of the dark colored car. A word of thanks was giving to the driver before Gupta was left alone standing in front of the gates of World Academy W.

((I hope that was good enough! I just recently got into RPs so... haha ^_^))
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:19 am

@Quebec: Great answers, you're accepted - on condition that you change the name XD

You can now make your account and post an introduction here~: http://theworldacademy.friendhood.net/introductions-f4/

@Gupta: This seems pretty great to me ^^ I'm glad he's keeping the keffiyeh =D (Though just a note, Gupta's uniform would probably be some kind of tan colour, since he'd be in the Africa Class.) Here we go~

What do you think Gupta's relationship with Arthur is like?
Who in the school do you think Gupta would consider going out with?
How would Gupta react to seeing Yao or Li dressed in red?
Back to top Go down
Wabbit

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:37 am

Thank you!
The name is changed to Éric Desjardins. (waiting for approval)
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 am

Activated your account~
Back to top Go down
Gupta

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 am

(Ah, thank you for the uniform note, I totally forgot about the different classes!)

What do you think Gupta's relationship with Arthur is like?
The moment he met Arthur that little voice in his head told him that he wasnt that trustworthy. Gutpa was always the one to listen to the ancient voices in his head knowing that they wouldnt steer him wrong. And the more that Gutpa observed the Blond, the more his personilty seemed rather implosive. While Arthurs actions disconvient the people around him, it also hurts Arthur himself. Gutpa would rather stay far away from people like that. No offence to Arthur.

Who in the school do you think Gupta would consider going out with?
While Gutpa isnt that much of a romantic, he does enjoy company of others and the energy they bring. He'd probably go for someone who isnt as quiet and reserved like him yet is still shares his seriousness, or someone that works really well with him despite small stand offs with eachother, like the girl from Libya.

How would Gupta react to seeing Yao or Li dressed in red?
Being knowlegable about his country and its ancient history, back in the day, red was used as a symbol of life and victory but also had the double meaning of chaos and death. So if he saw Yao or Li wearing said color, Gupta would probably take all meanings into account and interact with them cautiously and with curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Nice answers, you're accepted~ Go make an account and an introduction thread~ ^^
Back to top Go down
ohyou :U

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Name:Mathias Møller

Country your character represents : Kingdom of Danmark, greatest place in Europe, actually, in the entire world. Denmark.

Sample:

Mathias rubbed his left eye, then his right, and finally urged himself to get up. After pressing the snooze button five times, it was probably the best if he got ready that very second. He groaned and stretched, then quickly shook his head and made his way to his closet.

“Damn..! Damn..! Damn…! Damn…!”

Flinging the closet open-he then realized….he forgot to do the laundry. So, grabbing the shirt that was thrown the previous day onto the floor and the pants that were carelessly on top of a chair, he quickly got dressed. Grabbing his blazer and slamming the door behind him he hastily made his way downstairs jumping down the last few steps. He had managed, this time, not to forget his books and was carrying them under one arm, then pulling out his cell phone with his right hand.

‘7:53’

A determined grin soon managed to grow onto his face…he could make it and not be late for class today. Sliding the door open and panting a bit from the quick sprint he did from his dorm into the classroom, he eyed the empty room curiously. He let out a small groan, “HELLO?”

Turning his body all around to check all sides of the room just in case there was someone in the room, he decided to glance back at his cell phone…..then he remembered…day lights saving time.

Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Nice sample, here are your questions~

How do you think Mathias would get on with Matthew Williams?
Do you think Mathias is a sporty person?
Do you think Mathias considers himself to be better than other people?
Back to top Go down
ohyou :U

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 pm

How do you think Mathias would get on with Matthew Williams?
Who's that? Who's Matthew Williams? Oh, that kid from Canada? Mathias would most likely end up not being able to 'see' the boy, especially since he can be so thick-headed and absorbed in what he's doing, he'll end up just accidently ignoring him. Mathias is a nice guy(most of the time), don't get him wrong, and if he does notice Matthew he'll end up probably cracking a joke and opening a couple of can of beers in a friendly gesture. If he doesn't notice the presence of our beloved Matthew, he'll notice it when a pancake is thrown at his face.

Do you think Mathias is a sporty person?
Mathias is a very competitive person. Give him a football and a group of people and they'll be playing until the sun goes down. He absolutely loves football, and his country losing against the Netherlands at the World Cup was a huge blow to his pride(and his incredibly humongous ego). It didn't help either that he took out his frustration out on a chair. Denmark is indeed a 'sporty' person, besides football he loves a game of handball, tennis, and sailing.

Do you think Mathias considers himself to be better than other people?
Mathias believes that there are other people with wonderful talents and skills, but he's the best. The top of the pyramid. The frosting on the cake. The cherry on top of the sundae. This is in skill and in talent, he'll either try to achieve to be the best and will work hard until he succeeds, this doesn't apply to studying though. When it comes to academic work, it's 'healthy' to take a break once and a while...or maybe all the time.
Back to top Go down
minchi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Name: Freyr Njarðarson

Country your character represents : Iceland

Sample:

Freyr was sitting on a bench in a park nearby, with a pen in his hand and a notebook on his lap, writing like crazy. His head was full of ideas. Writer's block was too familiar to him, and he was happy that the ability to write lwas back again.

His writing was interrupted by a loud sound. He looked up from his notebook and saw a weird-looking bird. A puffin? What was a puffin doing here, they didn't even live this south... Maybe it had ran away from somewhere, like a zoo or something, normal people wouldn't probably have a puffin as a pet...

The puffin made that annoying noise again and looked at him, as if waiting for something. Maybe it was hungry.

”I don't have any fish for you”, he mumbled, even tough it was a bit silly, talking to a bird.

Not like it would understand anything. It looked quite stern, as if it was trying to say 'give me food or I'll poop on your shoes'. Instead of pooping on his shoes, the puffin flew onto the bench and before Freyr could stop it, it ripped a page of. Freyr looked at the notebook in disbelief and almost hit the stupid bird. His writing mood was ruined. But he wasn't really irritated; he was tired anyway, so he just stood up and started walking towards home.

He walked for a little moment, and then there was a familiar noise behind him. The puffin. It was following him.

”Go away, I won't feed you”, he said with a bitter glare and started walking again. After a while he turned around and saw that the puffin was still following him.

And it followed him all the way to home.

( Gahhh I hope it's not full of errors, English is not my first language. )
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:26 am

@Danmark: Great answers, really good. You know the drill now.
@Iceland: Really cute sample! Really liked it!Here are your questions~

How do you think Freyr gets on with Ivan Braginski?
What do you think Freyr's favourite weather is?
What do you think Freyr does in his spare time?
Back to top Go down
minchi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:57 pm

How do you think Freyr gets on with Ivan Braginski?
He thinks the guy is somehow suspicious, but leaves this thought alone and doesn't even think about attacking him in any way. After all, he's much bigger and stronger, and he hasn't even done anything to Freyr. He is vigilant around Ivan, but tries to hide it because it could make him mad. Otherwise he doesn't act differently towards Ivan; he is quite silent, doesn't express feelings that much and tries to avoid getting in trouble, as usual.

What do you think Freyr's favourite weather is?
Cloudy, not too cold, not too hot. He likes "neutral" weather, too hot weather makes him irritated, but he doesn't like being cold either. He doesn't really mind sun nor rain, but cloudy is the best, since he doesn't have to squint all the time or wear sunglasses because of the sunshine or carry an umbrella with him.

What do you think Freyr does in his spare time?

Nothing extremely special. Besides studying, he likes reading and writing. He reads pretty much everything, newspapers, history books, fiction, doesn't really matter. But he writes fiction, usually fantasy stories, and poems about several things(no, not love).
He also likes being outside when the weather is ideal, he loves long, silent walks.
Back to top Go down
Peter

PostSubject: Character App~   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Name: Peter Kirkland

RP Sample: Peter Kirkland was twelve years old, masquerading as fourteen for the day, and yet being mistaken for eight. For some reason, the school had most of its students in the upper forms, so he was either in a class of no more than five in the lower forms, or sneaking into the more advanced classes. Not to say that he was exceptionally bright, just that he had a thing for not being squirted with ketchup during first period and hastily wiping it off before a pretty girl walked by and saw it during second history.

Oh yes, he liked to pretend at flirting, but it usually earned him a pat on the cheek and a suggestion to wait an extended period of time. Today, his teacher had scolded him for talking in class and insisting on his "All About Me" essay that he came from a country called Sealand, and had yelled at the top of his lungs in a sing song voice that "I AM SEALANDIC, NOT BRITISH, AND YOU CALL ALL STICK THAT IN YOUR JUICEBOXES AND SUUUUUUCK--," before he was shipped off to whichever disciplinary figure dared to challenge his awesome might.

He, of course, did not intend to see said disciplinary figure, but instead was now camping in the upper form hallways, eating chocolate and despairing over the few bits that had fallen in his backpack and chocolate-glued his workbook pages together. Shuffling around in his backpack for a few moments, he discovered that he had no napkins and was thus forced to attempt to break open his older brother's locker. He failed of course, and shuffled away from the chocolate stained locker/scene of the crime before Arthur could come and play mum at him.

Other: Oh jeez I hope this isn't too little or too much for a writing sample. > u >;; I've been in a few Gakuen RPs before, but Peter's age usually made it difficult to get him to interact with the older students without saying that he was advanced or anything (which would not be canon, since he's not THAT bright), so I hope nothing I've written will step over any boundaries you guys have. (But tell me if I've screwed up.) This RPer is not British, but would also like to know if it would be preferred if I typed his dialogue keeping in mind that he is British. Anddd now I shall crawl away and wait.
Back to top Go down
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Aghhhh just noticed typos I apologize I am extremely stupid in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pm

@Freyr: You're accepted, you can make your account and post your intro now ^^
@Peter: Don't worry about typos, they happen to us all XD Great sample, it made me lol, and I thought it was very IC! And yes, I think you should use British dialect, to keep it IC. Here are your questions:

How do you see Peter's relationship with his brother Arthur?
How do you think Peter will get on with Daan (Netherlands)?
Do you think Peter likes to try and act like an older kid more?
Back to top Go down
Peter

PostSubject: RP Answers   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 am

How do you see Peter's relationship with his brother Arthur?
Peter secretly admires his older brother, but is often at odds with him because Arthur tries to 'guide' and parent him too much. At other times, Peter is just an arse to him, trying to start shouting matches and all the rest. Really, Peter sometimes just gets depressed over how it's much more obvious that their ages are very far apart at school, and can get annoyed by anyone who tries to make him act mature. But there's still a part of Peter that wants to curl up with his brother and ask to be read fairytales 'til he falls asleep. He misses how it was easier to be with his brother before school. It's a bittersweet thing.

How do you think Peter will get on with Daan (Netherlands)?
Peter honestly thinks Daan is a bit of a sketchball. Cool, awesome, but a shady kind of guy. Peter's the kind of kid that Daan would mistake for a young girl from behind, and Peter wouldn't appreciate any 'advances,' shall we say. If Peter is feeling particularly rebellious, he might try to find Daan and hang out with him, to worry any authority figures or just to feel a bit of freedom. But if Daan happened to, say, bring drugs on school grounds, Peter would know well enough to refuse.

Do you think Peter likes to try and act like an older kid more?
Yes and no. He doesn't like being treated as a 'younger kid,' but he also dislikes seeing the older kids trying to act older just for the sake of making him feel younger. He's a bit scared of the teenage world, but he doesn't like to be babied. He might make friends well in his own age group, but he likes the company of older kids as long as they treat him the same as they treat people their own age. He wants to be seen as an equal in any situation.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Very good answers, but I'm still not entirely sure of a few things... So here's one more question - I'm afraid it could be a slightly trickier one:

Pick an event from Sealandian history. How would you portray that here at World Academy W?
Back to top Go down
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Hmmm. How about the fire of June '06? Peter would have been in Chemistry class, trying to prove that he was able to do a silly experiment, no problem, without instructions (being too amazing for teacher instruction). But he'd end up lighting his hair and shirt on fire. He'd be pretty frantic, and would start screaming for Arthur, most probably. Actually, the Russian-Sealandic deals for an illegal internet satellite back in '07 could translate easily as trading up phones and such. Peter would be pretty excited to go ahead and try to improve Russia's piece of technology, maybe improving the internet capabilities of his phone. He'd probably mess up badly and break the phone, though.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am

That made me lol XD You're accepted, go male your account et cetera~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Applications
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next