World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Character Applications

Go down 
+2
Matthew Williams
Ivan Braginski
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

Character Applications - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 pm

I haven't got any new accounts with the name Kalina yet ^^; What country are you in, incidentally~?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm

@Ivan Ahh I see. Okay I'll tell her that. Maybe she didn't make it properly or something <3 (well I'm from Singapore. XD)
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:59 pm

OH WAIT, I've just found an email about an account called Kalina! I guess it got lost amongst my emails ^^; Activated now.
Back to top Go down
Toris

PostSubject: Toris Application   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 am

Name- Toris Lorinaitis

RP Sample-

Through the dirty window of the taxi, Toris could only stare in awe at the amazing school before him. It was everything he and his parents had worked and could hope for. Even if it was just the main entrance of the school, and all he could see with his limited view from the dirty car window was a couple of buildings, it was one of the best things he had ever laid eyes on. It was nothing like anything he had ever seen. Of course, the schools in Lithuania are nice, but he hadn't seen any boarding schools that looked this grandiose. At this point, Toris could only conclude that this most be just some sort of amazing dream that he never wanted to wake up from. Though he was happy and excited for his new life, every once in a while, his stomach would lurch in pain a bit when he thought of the unknowns of what could possibly happen. But, he knew it would all be worth it in the end. The only thing left for him to do was to wait until the cab came to a stop and let him free to see his new home in person. But, no matter what happened, he had worked to hard to be accepted into this school and pay for the tuition, so he knew that there was no turning back now.

When the cab finally came to a stop, Toris said "Thank you," to the driver, paid the man what was due, and left the cab. He grabbed his bags out of the trunk of the car and gave a final wave to the cab as it drove away into the distance with any feeling of home that was left. The boy looked up at the entrance to the school grounds and gave a weak smile. Who knows what was in store for him next? He certainly didn't. He just had to walk in and see what the future had in store for him, even if the thought only proved to him that his stomach might not survive the year.

"Here goes everything"
Back to top Go down
LousiaPh

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:01 am

The cafeteria will be full of foreign food. How will Louisa react to this?
If there is one thing that Louisa could be proud of about being Filipino, it is her tolerance to any kind of food. Back in her country, dishes with very different tastes are served for meals, and she is not a stranger to exotic food. Also, she loves to experiment with food and eats absolutely anything, though she doubts her favorite isaw (roasted pig/chicken intestines) and balut egg ((Look it up, I dare you..)) would be served in another country.

How do you think Louisa would get on with Yong Soo?
The moment Louisa sees Yong Soo, she will fall in love at first sight ((Seriously, happens to many girls here)). Like most Filipino girls, Louisa always loves looking at people who have lighter skin than her, and as a result she would be tagging along with him or trying to talk to him at all times. However, she will still retain her usual attitude, denying that she feels any attraction for him at all. She might give a few compliments about him, but other than that she will not show obvious romantic hints to him.

If Louisa could be an animal, which animal would she choose to be? Would it be accurate to her personality?
((I will be biased about this...))Louisa's favorite animal is the Philippine Tarsier, which describes her view on herself and how she usually behaves. By the physical appearance, Louisa sees herself as short, brown, and has large eyes, like the tarsier. However, she also thinks of herself as somebody who would look at a situation from all angles, similar to how tarsiers can turn their heads 180 degrees to the side. She is also very sensitive to sounds, making her very irritable when her nap is disturbed.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

@Toris: Sounds good so far! Let's see how you do with the questions~

What do you think is Toris's favourite hobby?
Who in the school do you think Toris would consider going out with?
What do you think is Toris's favourite gemstone?

(Btw, did you see the ad on the comm, or were you recruited by our Canada?)

@Louisa: The question about Yong Soo was secretly a question about your country's national affairs. We felt your answer was lacking; as well as being dealt with purely on a personal level, it had elements of a Mary Sue. However, you of course have the chance to redeem yourself~ Try these instead:

What do you think will be Louisa's favourite class?
How do you think Louisa would react to Antonio?
Back to top Go down
Toris

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 am

Out of Toris's hobbies gardening would be his favorite.

At the moment, dating would actually be one of the last things on his mind not to mention he doesn't know the first thing about dating, which makes him a bit naive in the whole "relationship" department. Though a relationship would be a plus, he would try to keep his main focus on studying and passing his classes. But, as he starts to make friends and if he meets the right person, this could change. And, whoever that person may be would be guaranteed to have his devotion.

Though only a semi-precious gemstone, Toris would probably see Heliotrope (also known as a Bloodstone) as his favorites. A Bloodstone is green jasper with red dots of iron oxide throughout it. These stones are supposed to symbolize "turmoil prior to perfection" which is a lot like what he is trying to achieve himself. It is also supposed to instill courage in desperate situations, which he would like to have whenever he was feeling nervous. The stone is also known to bring victory, vitality, and self-esteem, which he would most desperately want. The only downside to the gem is that it is known to cause anxiety and stomach ailments, but these might be overseen because he already has them, and would probably figure it was nothing unusual. And, there is that fact that it is a pretty unique and interesting looking gem. He would probably prefer a semi-precious gem to a precious one, anyways.

[ I saw the ad on the community. c= ]
Back to top Go down
Toris

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 am

Out of Toris's hobbies gardening would be his favorite. He grew up in the countryside, and grew a lot of his food, and it sort of became an escape for him from his life.

At the moment, dating would actually be one of the last things on his mind not to mention he doesn't know the first thing about dating, which makes him a bit naive in the whole "relationship" department. Though a relationship would be a plus, he would try to keep his main focus on studying and passing his classes. But, as he starts to make friends and if he meets the right person, this could change. And, whoever that person may be would be guaranteed to have his devotion.

Though only a semi-precious gemstone, Toris would probably see Heliotrope (also known as a Bloodstone) as his favorites. A Bloodstone is green jasper with red dots of iron oxide throughout it. These stones are supposed to symbolize "turmoil prior to perfection" which is a lot like what he is trying to achieve himself. It is also supposed to instill courage in desperate situations, which he would like to have whenever he was feeling nervous. The stone is also known to bring victory, vitality, and self-esteem, which he would most desperately want. The only downside to the gem is that it is known to cause anxiety and stomach ailments, but these might be overseen because he already has them, and would probably figure it was nothing unusual. And, there is that fact that it is a pretty unique and interesting looking gem. He would probably prefer a semi-precious gem to a precious one, anyways.

(( I saw the ad on the community. =) ))
Back to top Go down
Toris

PostSubject: Oops! xI   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 am

((I'm sorry about the double post. The second one is the final version. XP))
Back to top Go down
LousiaPh

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:11 am

((I actually felt that, but as far as I know the Philippines treats South Korea as a major trading partner and a democratic ally. I do not see any more significance than that, but I do know what typical Filipinas think of Koreans in general, and that was what I tried to portray. I shall try to answer the next questions properly, then.))

What do you think will be Louisa's favourite class?
Louisa's favorite class would be Literature. Back in her country, libraries were full of old books that were dated from the Spanish era to new books of the present, and since she is multilingual, she could understand most of these despite their foreign nature to her. She also tends to remember passages and takes everything to heart, making anything she reads unforgettable to her. It saddens her, though, that the class wasn't emphasized in her homeland and only a few people liked reading as much as her. She also has the tendency to translate books or chapters to her own language or dialect.

How do you think Louisa would react to Antonio?
Primary schooling in the Philippines made Louisa develop a senseless hatred for Antonio and his country, especially since most of the history books and Spanish colonial era books she read were written with bias against the Spaniards of that era. She realizes, though, that those 333 years of Spanish influence makes them have similar habits that both of them can not deny. As a result, she might show her blatant dislike for him at first meeting.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

>Lousia: Ivan considered your new answers made it up for the Yong Soo one, since they were pretty good, so you can go and make an account. Don't forget to add the chat on msn and make an introduction thread<3

>Toris: your Application is really good. However, we already had someone who reserved Toris, which explain why he wasn't on the needed character list. We're sorry about that confusion. Since they haven't showed up yet, we're giving them three days to do so. If they don't come, you can make your account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Do you mind if I reserve Spain for a day while I put together an application? I'm at work right now and I can't do it until tonight but he's the only character I RP.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Sure thing~~
Back to top Go down
lieplz

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Name: Toris Laurinaitis

Sample: The letter in Toris hands looked very beautiful. The emblem, elaborately designed, with blue and gold colours, proudly announced that it was from the World Academy. Toris never really expected to get this invitation; he felt that he was a bit too average for the World Academy’s tastes, no big deeds in his studies or in any extra curricular activities. But that, however, just amplified his joy upon getting it. He was finally going to prove to everyone and to himself that he could be so much more than average and reach so much higher! Toris was glad yet a little doubt and worry formed itself in his usual stomach ache. He tried to brush it off and keep thinking about the best parts of the upcoming new journey. Toris decided the best way to calm himself was to start packing, which was going to be a hassle. Apparently the airports have a weight limit. That was bad news, Toris loved to be prepared for anything. The first thing that came in his mind was to take his favorite pastry and national symbol šakotis. A great way to impress people and to share his culture too! Nicely wrapped and ready he brought one home, a pretty tall one too. Toris started wondering if he should try to put the šakotis in his suitcase or carry it by hand. It hardly looked like it could fit, but you never know if you try, right? Carefully he placed it in and zipped the suitcase. A perfect fit! It took Toris exactly nine seconds to realize that nothing else would fit with it. Taking the šakotis out, he pretended that the idea never came to his mind.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm

the toris just here ^ is the one who reserved.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Here are your questions, Toris:

Do you think Toris would gain a best friend in this school?
What do you think Toris likes to do in his spare time?
How do you think Toris would get along with the academy's Icelandic representative?
Back to top Go down
H.K.

PostSubject: Application   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:48 am

Name: Heracles Karpusi

Heracles felt fatigued. He'd blame the hot humid air of the place but he normally felt lethargic anyway and wasn't one to complain about the weather. Holding a grudge against nature would be pointless.
This was a peaceful atmosphere though with no one really around. Heracles leaned back against the marble pillar and closed his eyes. If they wanted him in class they shouldn't have made the balcony so comfortable he thought, close to napping.

[I'd kind of like to stop my rp intro here because usually after an opening like this in an actual rp there would be interaction with someone else. If I keep going it'll feel more like a stand alone drabble then an rp sample ^^;; Though I can make it longer if necessary.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Hey, I've got my Spain application written up on my computer but my Internet has crapped out on me, so I can't post it until it's fixed (I'm on my phone right now). You can go ahead and lift the reserve, I'm not sure if I'll get it back anytime soon. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

@Heracles: Short, but I like it a lot. Here are your questions~

What do you think is Heracles's favourite food?
What do you think is Heracles's favourite class?
How do you think Heracles would react if a dog chased one of his cats?

@Spain: Aww, too bad. Hope it gets sorted out asap~!
Back to top Go down
lieplz

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Do you think Toris would gain a best friend in this school?
I really don't see why he wouldn't. Sure at first it might be difficult to find some friends, being new and all, but he would definitely find a group to hang out with an even a best friend later on. He's a pretty mellow guy who can get along with almost anyone  Even though some people might seem very odd (or crazy) to him at first.
What do you think Toris likes to do in his spare time?
Play basketball, definitely. Especially he likes winning against playing with America or Russia. He's interested in martial arts too, though he hasn't practiced for a while. Besides sports he likes reading and cooking Lithuanian pastries.

How do you think Toris would get along with the academy's Icelandic representative?
I'm pretty sure the academy's Icelandic representative would be the first person to acknowledge him and introduce him to everybody else or just help out on the first day. Toris would be very grateful for that and point it out every time they'd be together. However, later on their relationship might cool a little (since Toris is not in the Nordic club Sad ), but they'd still enjoy each other's company once in a while, talking about how insane their friends are.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Great answers ^^ You're accepted~ Many apologies to the other Toris applicant ^^; My own fault for forgetting we had that place reserved :S
Back to top Go down
LouisaPh

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:44 am

Oh..I already made an account and it isn't activated yet *sweatdrop* because I made it beforehand *bows*
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Ah yes, I'll activate that as soon as I can get to a proper computer~
Back to top Go down
Lee Ter Min

Lee Ter Min

Birthday : 1994-08-09

PostSubject: Singapore Application   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Name: Lee Ter Min

Country your character represents: Singapore (A tiny little island just south of Malaysia.)

RP Sample:
Staring at the main building of the school, Lee could not help but panic a little. Well, nobody could really blame her; after all, she came from a country that never had such a large landmass dedicated to just one school alone, as it did not have much to spare. She could get lost in here! Maybe even run into some pervert in the hallway and never return home…

No. This would not do at all. Panicking would not help the situation. At all. Breathe.

Slowly walking towards the main doors, Lee gathered her thoughts and composed her face into a mask of indifference, unconsciously straightening her uniform in the process. After all, it would be bad to end up on the wrong side of the school faculty on her first day here. She knew that she had no problems with dealing with the different ethnicities of the students studying in the academy, as she had grown up in a multi-racial environment. However, she did not know if they would be tolerant of her blunt way of speaking, or her behavior in general. She had overheard some of her schoolmates back home talking about her behind her back, saying nasty things like how she always acted as the perfect student around teachers but treated her fellow students like dirt.

… which in hindsight could have been exaggerated. A little.

Softening the hard look in her eyes, she adjusted her spectacles and without breaking her stride, pushed open the doors and entered the building.
To heck with them.

(Ah sorry I took so long with this... Was overseas when my account got activated. >.<)
Back to top Go down
H.K.

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 pm

What do you think is Heracles's favourite food?

Heracles's mother had made Tsakistes, or cracked green olives, every year when the olives had nearly ripened. Heracles would help her to pick them and soak them in water for a few days before they would move them to the salt brine (where they were kept throughout the year) and would watch as she added the right amount of lemons and wild fennel stems to flavour.

Though as good as they were and as much as he liked to help Heracles had never had the heart to tell her he preferred the cracked black olives the neighbors made.

What do you think is Heracles's favourite class?

From and early age Heracles was interested in the stories his grandfather told him of ancient Greece and he took great interest in his country's history and of those countries surrounding it. So when he was finally old enough to go one to school he found the subject of history incredibly engaging.

Though the more he learned about Turkey the more he seemed to develop a bit of a prejudice...

How do you think Heracles would react if a dog chased one of his cats?

The sound of barking came closer and a cat jumped up on Heracles' lap. Startled into action he picked up the small shaking animal and stroked softly down it's back before setting it down on the picnic table he had been sitting at. A dog emerged from the bushes then, likely the cause of the poor cat's distress.

"You! Stop that!" Heracles scolded the animal and chased it off, noting it's tan/sable colouring and black muzzle and ears as he did so and returned to comfort the still skittish cat.

He would later identify it as Kangal Dog, the national breed of Turkey.

[ahah, I'm not sure I did this right. Sorry I was trying to write this yesterday but I had a deadline on a video project. I have no more projects with deadlines though and that one is now done xD]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Applications
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next