World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Character Applications

Go down 
+2
Matthew Williams
Ivan Braginski
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

Character Applications Empty
PostSubject: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:26 am

Please post your applications for membership in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Michel S

PostSubject: application:Republic of Saugeais[OC]   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:09 am

Name:Michel Servaz

Country your character represents : Republic of Saugeais (somewhere near switzerland, in the Doubs, normally in France owob link for more infos: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Saugeais )

Sample: Michel was, he had to admit, a bit impressed. The republic he came from had something like 4000 people living in the country side. He was starring at the gigantic -to him- hall,thinking it could almost fit all the citizen of the republic of Saugeais, where he had to find a seat somewhere and wait for his plane to start boarding. He found one, smiled at the lady who was sitting next to him, busy feeding her newborn, who simply frowned a little before returning her attention to her kid.
He sighed, wondering why people had to be so grumpy whenever he left Saugeais, or the countryside surrounding it to go in town. Actually, he already missed his cows.They were nice and never really cold to him... He wanted to check on the only thing that was useful and small enough to fit in the plane, but he knew better than to let his hen wander in the airport. It actually was his first time flying. He was pretty curious about it. It wasn't because he came from a... rural area... that he wasn't interested in new things. He actually really enjoyed filming things, and using videos to demonstrate something. He hoped he could do something with his students about that.
Actually, he wondered how he would do with said students. It was the first time he was going to teach a class for real; and they were all from a different place. As for him, it was his first time in an airport...
But he soon stopped worrying. What was to come was to come, he wouldn't die because of some students, and in the worst case well, he could go back to his good old place and say he tried to see the world. It was in this set of mind he started to doze off, woken up suddenly by the call about the boarding.
He grabbed his heavy case, carrying it around with ease, and gathered all his various stuff under his other arm, before going through the customs to finally sit in the plane.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
I'm a rich, spoilt Russian boy with a penchant for sexual harrassment - what's not to like?
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Sounds like a pretty fun character. ^^ Just a few questions:

Which other character do you think Michel would get on with best?
What is Michel's favourite colour?
Do you think Michel will enjoy his time at the Academy, or prefer his more rural life back home?
Back to top Go down
Michel S

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:35 pm

1)since he doesn't really like trouble, he would get along with those who're quiet, like Yusof, Dae Hyung, or Kiku. When it comes to the teacher, He would get along well with Francis for they share a love for food, even if he prefers to eat... and they both speak French, which can make him want to stick with him. And his passion for the whole nature/farming thing can make him get close to Daan too, since he plants tulips and is calm enough.Same goes with Antonio, he might actually help out if he plants tomatoes. He won't get along with trouble makers, and since he's a teacher he will use it to actually send those in detention. Oh and he eats fresh eggs so he might not get along with Gilbert -at all-, since gilbirds are... well, soon to be chicken in his dish.

2)He loves blue and often wear it. He doesn't have a special reason, just find it pretty, which is enough for him to say it's his "favorite" color. Even though he doesn't really see the point in choosing one.

3) He will surely enjoy his time here, since he's curious about other cultures, but will still continue to think about his place. And will more likely plant some crops in the school garden and let his hen free there. He'll also be more than happy to show the others how they do it at his place, asking in exchange they show him how they do at their places. He might be surprised by the cultural differences but will try to adjust.

Hope it's satisfying~
Back to top Go down
Francis

PostSubject: Sample   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Name: Francis Jean Bonnefoy

RP Sample: Francis was the very epitome of 'spoiled rich boy'. Living in an exquisite mansion in Paris guaranteed this. His parents had had high hopes for him, but Francis had wanted a life of normalcy. He'd begun dating various girls just to get back at his parents for betrothing him to another noble at a young age. He lived as a loafer, who could have what he wanted, when he wanted, and with no circumstances for his flamboyant behaviour. He was still allowed to be flirtatious and romantic, even if he clamoured for living in a normal house with a tidy income and a decent education.

This was why he'd applied to World Academy W. His parents wanted him to go to the kinds of schools where students arrived by helicopter, could keep their own thoroughbred horses in the equestrian centre, and whose teachers would describe every sports room as a 'salle' to sound posh. Three quarters of a million Euros seemed ridiculous when one considered the functionality of education. So, he had chosen to get in as a scholarship student, telling his father as politely and amicably as he could that he didn't want to go to a fee-paying school, and was fine with a 'normal' education.

So, unlike his personality would suggest, Francis had applied and studied for months to become a scholarship student here. When the selection letter had come through the post a few weeks after the exam, he'd grinned, and started packing almost immediately. He was sick of the partying lifestyle enjoyed by the extremely rich, and didn't want to be embroiled in any more drama. He'd broken too many noble hearts, the worst kind to break. He hadn't completely ruled out romance, and was hoping to explore new kinds of love.

Aged 16 and feeling very confident in himself, he put his briefcase over his shoulder, and lazily walked in.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

@Michel: Great answers, you're accepted. ^^ Go ahead and make your account now~~
@Francis: Kinda sounds like the opposite of Ivan |D He loves being rich and spoilt |D

Here are your questions:

How do you think Francis gets on with Ludwig?
Do you think Francis is a loyal lover, or would he cheat, or would he just prefer an open relationship?
Does Francis have any background with a Joan of Arc/ Jeanne d'Arc type character?
Back to top Go down
Francis

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 pm

How do you think Francis gets on with Ludwig?

Not very well. It's kind of a silent: "we will talk to each other but we're not friends". If in a class activity, Ludwig and Francis wouldn't pair up unless there was no-one else, but they'd be in a group activity. While they aren't friendly, they're not at each other's throats.

Do you think Francis is a loyal lover, or would he cheat, or would he just prefer an open relationship?

Francis believes in true love, so while he'd cheat and prefer a lover that doesn't mind his casual polyamory, he wouldn't do that to anyone who was in true love, nor would he try to steal someone away who was in love. He's got a very good sense of this. ^^

Does Francis have any background with a Joan of Arc/ Jeanne d'Arc type character?

I wasn't planning to explain anything about this, but yeah, when I said in his bio that he'd broken some noble hearts, a Jeanne d'Arc character could be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 pm

(Doing it for Ivan since she's away, I asked her advice over the phone too.)
Your answer to the first two question wasn't too bad, I just have a big problem with the last one.
First of all, let's start with one little point; in 1789, in France, we had a revolution. to sum up, we've cut the king's head, as well as most nobles, and the title doesn't exist anymore. We still have some wealthy families but the word "noble" is just... wrong.
Second, Jeanne herself. Dear, in France, she's loved like hell. We've even got a golden statue of her near the Louvre... We're taught at school she's our savior... so seriously, Francis breaking her heart is just... so not like "France" ^^"
Anyway, since the other parts are alright, Ivan said I could think of another question. Here it is.

What would Francis do if the school, for hygienic reasons, only allowed processed cheese?

Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Matthew Williams wrote:
What would Francis do if the school, for hygienic reasons, only allowed processed cheese?

LOL that's an epic question! I knew it was a good idea to make you a mod XD *High-fives*
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks, I really think it can show us how much someone actually understand the character...
Back to top Go down
Francis

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Ah, thank you for telling me. ^^ I only have a very basic knowledge of French history... curse Philippa Gregory for getting me into Tudor English history. ><

And about the nobles -- my bad. (I've read A Tale Of Two Cities too... silly me...) Francis from now on is just from a very rich family, then. Smile

And Francis was in love with this Jeanne D'Arc character, but I guess he's no longer with her now via her moving away/going to another school than him? (I'm happy to make amendments, as you can see. Very Happy ) And they lost touch, so no letter-writing or emailing unfortunately. :<

Quote :

Freak out. He is very much a gourmet, and could eat a whole roll of Le Roule by himself, along with several other cheeses. (He's the kind of guy who'd always choose the cheese-board at a restaurant. XD) If they did bring in nothing but processed cheese, Francis would even choose to ruin his reputation with the staff by climbing over the fence and going to the supermarket. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Okay, you're approved, but only on the condition that you'll take some tips on rping from the mods and I.
Back to top Go down
Francis

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 pm

That's fine. Just PM me when I log into my account if I do anything wrong. XD I thought I'd got him down (I have been RPing as him for 2 years) but I guess there are still things to learn...
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Sure thing~ It's more just things that are accurate to France rather than your rp skills or anything, so don't worry ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sadiq

PostSubject: Sadiq application   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Name: Sadiq Adnan

Sample: When his bus lurched to a stop at the front gates of the infamous World Academy W, Sadiq promptly grabbed his bags and exited the bus. He was excited, but also nervous for how this adventure would turn out. He stood a moment in awe, not just because of the shear size of the building, but also at how beautiful the building was. It reminded him greatly of the buildings of Ankara, back home in Turkey. He grinned to himself and waved in goodbye to the driver before taking his first steps to his new school. "Almost like home.~" He decided as he smiled wider and looked around.

It must have been around lunch he figured because he spotted a few little clumps of students here and there, wandering the grounds. Sadiq hurried to the doors, eager to finish his transfer. He was equally eager to get to know a few of those wandering students. So far, he enjoyed what he'd seen.

((@@; I hope this is enough. Thank you for your consideration. I feel that I have quite a bit of room for improvisation due to Turkey not having that much of a canon personality or large number of interactions.><))

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 am

Name: Yekaterina Katyusha Braginskaya

Country of Origin: Ukraine

RP sample:

Yekaterina sighed greatly, her heavy chest moving in accordance to her movements. Why was it so hard as a teacher? She chose to stay in this school after she graduated, after all she could not and would not abandon her siblings in this harsh world of school life. The headmaster was a kind person, and even with her poor grades in other areas, he did realize her potential and real world experience as an agricultural teacher and was very enthusiastic about giving her the position. Besides that, due to agriculture being a subject that wasn't highly popular, Yekaterina agreed to help take on Home Economics as well. She was after all, rather decent in household matters. It wasn't really the lessons that made her frustrated though, but the realization that as a teacher, her position did not allow her to be as close as to her siblings as she wanted to. She saw things that her precious Ivan had troubles with, relationship problems and couldn't help because it was not proper of her to take sides as a teacher. How she sometimes wished that she was still a senior, a student! But life was not meant to be that way, and she loved the ability to be able to focus on agriculture and shuddered to think about going back to the horrid days where she had to do subjects that she couldn't seem to get it right no matter what.

There was also that problem of acceptance. Yekaterina felt that she was neither accepted as a teacher, nor a student in this place. She was no longer a student, yes, as she has graduated a whole 2 years before. But she was still such an awkward teacher! Just last week, she nearly ended up smothering a student by accident when teaching him how to measure certain amounts of fertilizer. And there was that time....many times in fact, where she...gotten lost, and was late for class....despite having been in this school for ages. She knows that most of the teachers here think that she is doing pretty well but she herself yearns to be able to get through a day once being that proper teacher that she envisioned herself to be.

((OMG. Yay. haha sorry to have to do this another way, and for any possible trouble caused!~ <3 Lol. those verifying things really hate me, I was typing 5 lettered strings for about 2 hours straight. *was stubborn* XDD))
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:59 pm

@Sadiq: Looks great ^^ Here are your questions:

Do you think Sadiq prefers coffee or tea?
What colour do you think Sadiq's eyes are?
How do you see Sadiq's relationship with Gupta?

@Ukraine: Your sample post's awesome, and I'll write your questions soon, but I've gotta go offline now ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sadiq

PostSubject: questions   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Do you think Sadiq prefers coffee or tea?
Well he seems pretty outgoing at times so I think he'd like coffee, but I also feel that he wouldn't really mind tea either depending on the occasion.

What colour do you think Sadiq's eyes are?
Brown. I think the colour is quite suiting, based on meanings I guess and i'm pretty sure that is his stated eye colour anyways, though I've only seen one official picture.

How do you see Sadiq's relationship with Gupta?
I think that when and if he did meet Gupta, in whatever the case may be that they had a need to socialize, he'd try to be his friend at least. I'm sure he'd put a little more effort in because of how quiet and calm the guy is. After that, it would just be a matter if Sadiq was successful or not, but he would probably be a little persistent.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:10 pm

@Sadiq: Good answers, go ahead and make your account ^^
@Ukraine: Your questions are:

Do you think Yekaterina would interfere if Ivan was being harrassed by Natalya?
What do you think Yekaterina's favourite food is?
How do you think Yekaterina would react if she found out somebody was trying to chat her up just because of her chest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Do you think Yekaterina would interfere if Ivan was being harrassed by Natalya?

Yekaterina would most likely be totally oblivious to Natalya's actual meaning. She most probably thinks her little sister was just showing her sibling love in a unique way, and would most probably just smile at both and go... "awwwwww so cute." (Actually. I'm somehow influenced by this theory/plotbunny that Natalya's LETS GET MARRIED MARRIED MARRIED syndrome came from Katyusha's love for playing Princess and Prince with Ivan and Natalya when she was young. 3 guesses who the Prince and Princess are and the first 2 doesn't count XD) Let's just say Natalya isn't too convinced about the term play-ACTing. Although, there are times where she would most likely try to convince Natalya not to be so "playful" (aka Actions/Sentences such as: "don't stalk your brother too much", "let him get some breathing space okay?" "Lets make something for him instead of stalking him.") And that would probably be the worst she does <- to sum it up. Distraction is the key.

But she would not dissuade/demand Natalya to "give up" because she doesn't want her to be sad, Yekaterina hates it when her siblings are sad. As for Ivan's side, she'll most likely ask him to be lenient as an older brother, and to take it with a pinch of salt, give the "she is your sister after all, if you don't love her who will" talks/guilt trips/what you might wanna call it.

What do you think Yekaterina's favourite food is?

(lol omg I just had a Slavic cook-off/Pot luck a couple of weeks ago~ XD Deja-vu~~~)

I'll say all true Ukrainians would love Varenyky. (Ukrainian dumplings) and Yekaterina is good at making them XD (She has her secret dough recipe after all XD *grins*) besides that, all Slavic foods are good and she would know how to make most of them. Russian-wise she totally adores Pirozhki. (Rp-er here would like to add she loves them too and would eat them for EVERY MEAL OF THE DAY.)

Cute note that I like to add: Yekaterina has feeding people habits/compulsions. She always has a warm plate of Nalystniki (Potato pancakes) and a stash of Ukrainian dried fruit candy handy in her office.

How do you think Yekaterina would react if she found out somebody was trying to chat her up just because of her chest?

Get really depressed I suppose? I don't think Yekaterina would be that "outspoken" of her chest size. And she would be the type of girl who would totally not understand why people would be attracted to something that causes her so much inconvenience in her day to day life. In fact, I think she could possibly consider this as one of the disadvantages of having a huge chest, probably because she wants to be recognized for what she worked for and not the physical features she has. (kinda like how I perceive Ukraine as a country who wants to be recognized truly as a useful independent country, hence the EU and stuff and not just a place with fertile land, who although in namesake is independent, still relies much on her past relationships, willingly or not.<-- Russia. Gas. 2.6 billion dollars owed. >.<)

I'll have to add though, she doesn't hate having a huge chest. And she is not adverse to using it well *grins* with whoever she ends up with. (if she does end up with someone. XD) But the main thing is the emphasis/root of her relationship would NEVER be solely based on her chest size.

((hopefully this is okay~ <33 I'm long winded I know *frowns*))
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski
Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Awesome answers! You're accepted ^^ You can change your username in your profile. =)
Back to top Go down
Sadiq

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 pm

((I guess I'll just wait to be verified. >< Sorry for spam, but I'm guessing that me not being able to log in means it's not accepted yet.. ))
Back to top Go down
LousiaPh

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 am

Name: Louisa Concepcion Garcia

Country your character represents: Philippines

Sample:

The moment Louisa stepped in front of the gates of World Academy W, she could not help but stare at awe.

None of the schools or universities in her country - even the Ateneo or the University of the Philippines - could match up to the grandeur of this place. Even though the whole lot seemed smaller than her country's best state university, the buildings were larger and better than the Ateneo, the Philippines' most expensive university. Her jaw fell ajar as she stared at the front of the Academy's grounds - had she not been a scholar and sponsored by her country's present government, there would be no doubt that she would be stuck in the Philippines, unable to venture to this land.

She was knocked out of her awe-struck state as the cab driver put down her bags, reminding her that she still had to pay him for the ride. She gave him the exact amount he demanded and the cab went off, leaving her alone in front of the gates before she could say "Salamat" to thank him.

She sighed as she pulled up her large maleta - which was just as heavy as her - and groaned. "Susmariosep...how will I drag all of these there?" she complained as she thought of a way to bring her things to the dormitory, and she gleamed as she took a thick abaca rope, tying all of her bags together to one pack, and made her way to the dormitory.

((*nervous* I'm making her a scholar, since most of us Filipinos >,< are too poor to even afford to travel from island to island. I hope I did things right! =.=

er..also I made a stupid thing and actually made an account. Please ignore that one; I am really so sorry for being a dunce even before I applied!))

Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 pm

@Sadiq: I've activated your account now, sorry for the wait.
@Louisa: Great app! Here are your questions:

The cafeteria will be full of foreign food. How will Louisa react to this?
How do you think Louisa would get on with Yong Soo?
If Louisa could be an animal, which animal would she choose to be? Would it be accurate to her personality?

I'll just not activate your account till you're approved, then it won't matter ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:11 pm

@Ivan Thanks!~~ <3 Oh I wanted to add that my friend is having problems with the activation thing too (I think it might plain just be computers in our country hating that thing XD) and she wants to apply (she created an acct already I think, Username: Kalina <-- she is trying to apply for Singapore.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Applications   Character Applications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Applications
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next