World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!

Go down 

Who are you voting for as Council President?
Arthur Kirkland
Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! 2ccs5di77%Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! 2ccs5di
 77% [ 20 ]
Alfred F. jones
Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! 2ccs5di23%Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! 2ccs5di
 23% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Godmin
Admin

Birthday : 1990-11-21

Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! Empty
PostSubject: Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!   Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 am

Student Council President- It is the president that has the most power in the council, and is also the one that will be allowed the say in a tie-breaker. The president must know the campus inside and out, and must know the students almost just as well. The student council president is the voice of the student body, and must be responsible, loyal, and trust-worthy.

Everyone, your new Student Council President is Arthur Kirkland! This is the man you'll be needing to remember, the head honcho of the student body! Please welcome him to the Council!

Arthur Kirkland

Name:
Arthur Kirkland.

Year in school:
3rd year.

Free time:
Reading, Playing Guitar.

Clubs or Teams You are On:
Not currently on any.

Office You are Running For:
School Council President.

Skills You Have That Pertain to This Office:
Strong leadership qualities.
Weighs up both sides before making a decision.
Calm in a crisis.
Able to multi-task.

How Much You Can Provide if Given Office:
As I am in no clubs or teams I am able to give all my free time to the council. I am all ears as well as provide a fair opinion and an honest answer to any and all proposals that come my way.

Why You Think You Should Be Elected:

Good day, fellow students of World Academy W.
I’d like to thank you all for your patience and time you have taken to listen to my speech today. As you all no doubt know my name is Arthur Kirkland I am a 3rd year at this academy and before attending this academy I was attending Westminster City School. And I would like to extend my most sincere gratitude to those of you who think I am most suited to the task and come Election Day will vote for me.
World Academy, like all other educational institutions, face issues revolving around the more negative aspects of society. Issues such as bullying, alcohol, drugs all of which have their connections through peer pressure. In an era such as this, no one escapes. But this school year I plan to bring about a change. As we a dormitory based school, what students need is to feel safe within the academy, and confident within themselves.

Safety is something that I think is very important and something that I will fight for, tooth and nail. So if elected I will do my utmost to quell anyone who uses, bullying, peer pressure of any other underhanded tactic to make other students do as they wish. Because when you employ fear nobody is a winner.

Where drugs and alcohol is concerned, even though the legal drinking age is between 18-21 it would be foolish to think that most of us haven’t at least tried it once, as young adults we are curious about things we are denied. I can’t and won’t demand that students refrain from indulging in such things as I know that those who wish to do so will only ignore such a demand and people would think less of me. However if you are found under the influence on school or dormitory property expect to be punished within accordance with our school rules.

But all that being said, I’m not all about rules. Fun is also to be had also if I am to be elected.
I have every intention of making the school culture and sports festivals to be the best that can be had and if elected I also plan to make arrangements for a New Years party as well as Senior and Junior dances. With small events held throughout the year.
So, in conclusion. Voting for Arthur Kirkland is voting for safety and a year to remember. I look forward to working with you all during my term as president.

I want to be the one able to meet the challenges brought to this academy head on.

This academy needs strong leadership.

I want our leadership to be the one that gives it.

There is vast potential and promise at this academy.

I want to lead the council that encourages and develops that potential and promise.

I want this to be a time in our lives to remember with the best memories and the biggest of smiles

Last edited by Feliks Łukasiewicz on Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!   Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 am

Good luck Alfred, may the best man win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!   Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 am

Yeah, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!   Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student Council President-- Please welcome Arthur Kirkland!
Page 1 of 1