World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Journalism 101

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:00 am

Hayden gazed lazily in the room assigned to him, he was assigned a very tough English-related subject, then again, how could he refuse the job? This was one of his strengths. As the pale blonde strode to the inside of the room towards the desk assigned for the professor of the subject, the man began to think of a lesson plan in his head.

What topic should they tackle first? News writing and the rules of the inverted pyramind? Start with something light and easy as an ice breaker like... essay writing?

As Hayden thought about this, he did not take notice of the distance between him and the edge of the varnished oak-wood table. Ten seconds later found the 26-year old man crumpled on the floor, groaning in pain as he doubled over in pain. Not the best way to start the day.

"Cachi! [Shit!]" he cussed, biting down on his bottom lip as pain shot from his groin to his whole body due to the sudden collision with the varnished wood edge. Sielently he prayed that none of his students walked in to him as he was suffering or swearing.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Matthew, who was used to being late in his previous school, wanted to be early for once. He really didn't liked to be late, especially when no-one noticed. But that was in the past, today he would be the first one inside the classroom.

As he was thinking that, he heard a voice. Well maybe not first, but at least he made it before the lesson started. That was already an improvement.

He opened the door quietly, wishing to find a good seat, when he saw a man, apparently his teacher too, on the floor. Seemingly in great pain. He rushed toward him, all shyness forgotten, and kneed next to him.

"Are you alright sir?"
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Hayden looked up rather sheepishly at the blonde boy who had just entered the room. As green eyes quickly scanned the boy's clothes, he, upon observation, came to a conclusion that the boy who had just entered was a student of the academy. He was obviously embarrased at the fact that a young student saw him in this state. But it was better that it was this boy, not his siblings, which was a relief on his part.

"Ah... sorry 'bout tha'" the blonde Welsh chuckled as he stood up straight, rubbing the back of his head in the process. "A bit of a klutz on me part there. But don't fret I'll be fine, lad!"

Coughing a bit to cut the tensed air, he smiled down on the blonde Canadian and added, "So, yer me first pupil! So what's your name lad?" he asked, beaming down on the blonde. He had taken into mind to get to know his pupils and treat them like siblings. He knew how it felt to be away from home and your family so this was a great opportunity to use that experience to help the younger ones
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Teagan kicked the door open and stomped into the classroom, pissed as all hell that she'd be forced to listen to one of her damn brithers yap at her for hours a day. She hiked her bag farther up her shoulder and glared at thte blonde teacher as she found a seat by the door, just in case she'd have to escape. She really didn't want to have to deal with him, or any other of her "darling" siblings... and she hoped to God that this class would be over without any incident.

"Get ta teachin', Rhyssie.... I don't wanta hafta be in this room any more than I 'ave ta, got it?" She said loudly, propping her feet up on the desktop.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Matthew was a bit relieved to see the man standing up and talking. If he was, it could only mean he was not in such a bad condition. He smiled shyly as the other asked him not to worry.
Matthew was a bit surprised by the accent, hoping it wouldn't be a bother later during the lessons. It would be a shame to get bad grades because he couldn't understand everything the teacher said...

He still seemed like a nice person, seeing the way he was now smiling at Matthew. That could only be a good new to him, especially since he was a bit sensitive...

As he opened his mouth to answer, A girl came in rather violently. He closed his mouth and decided he didn't wanted to upset the girl by preventing the teacher to do his job. He would know their name soon enough no? Even though he would have liked to chat a little bit more with him.
He went to sit in front, willing to concentrate on the lesson and stay away from that girl. If she dared to speak like that to a teacher, she wouldn't mind screaming at him too, and he preferred to avoid violence.
He looked at the teacher, waiting for the lesson to start.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:16 am

Followed rather lazily behind Teagan, because if he didn't, he may had walked off campus into the city. Again. Though that little old lady he spent the day with was nice. Just wish she didn't think he was a cat. Sleepily Cameron looked about for a good seat, for a nap or something like that. He didn't sleep well last night....he couldn't even find his room so he slept in a random classroom. Seeing Hayden, and forgetting he was his professor, Cameron all but flung himself onto his older brother and tried to give him a kiss while nuzzling him.

Refusing to let go of his brother, hearing faintly his twin laughter as their brother starts to flush up. "Gimme kiss~ Kissy~"
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang
I'm 100% man aru!
Yao Wang

Birthday : 1991-10-10

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 am

"Aiya~ The Kirklands aru ne... " Yao has been there since Matthew came in, witnessed the teacher fall over. He jumped in from the outside and now he's sitting on the window sill watching the students come in.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 am

Hayden could've sworn that his mouth fell off as his brat of a sister matched in, with her oh-so familiar tough-girl air, disturbing a conversation that could've been worthwhile. Sighing, the Welsh man reached out to the back of his blonde head to scratch his head. He had wondered why would Teagan bother signing up for an elective such as this? He had picked this subject hoping that SOME people would not bother taking it due to the nature of the said subject.

But he had to be mistaken.

Then again, he wasn't given the complete class listing for this semester so he still has what you may call 'hope' left. All he can do right now is stretch his patience until it passes. That wasn't going to be a hard thing to do... right?

Before he could even reassure himself, he was nearly knocked off his feet as the twin, bless his soul, Cameron launched himself against him. To make matters worse, he was trying to kiss him infront of Teagan and a student.

No make that two, as he finally spotted an Asian boy by the window, who was sporting an amused like look on his face. This was bad. Hearing Teagan's shrill laughter as Cameron continued his...assult, Hayden couldn't help but flush red at the whole situation. His first day as a teacher and it was starting to be a disaster. "O-oi! Cameron! Get yer sodding self off o' me!" he demanded, pushing the twin away from him.

Typical from his siblings. He was thankful though that Arthur was not here to witness this because he'll never hear the end of it from that little git OR Robert, because he knew that his... elder brother has some issues with jealousy. Most especially when it involves him.

"Get to your seats!" He said in a rushed manner as he managed to pry the scarlet hair boy off him and to a seat near the door and not so far from his sister. Despite being unable to see them for the last few years, Hayden knew that Teagan and Cameron were inseparable at a point and he had high hopes to use this for his convenience. If not, then he'll have to throw himself off London Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang
I'm 100% man aru!
Yao Wang

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:19 am

Yao didn't move, continues to sit on the window. He is making fun of the Kirklands. "The Kirklands has no unity aru ne~ My family is well mannered and loveable aru ne~" he brags but he twitches a bit as he remembers he had a naughty brother...
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
KIKU THE PEACE OFFICER OF WONDER AND AMAZEMENT
Kiku Honda

Birthday : 1990-08-03

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 am

"Am i late? I do apologise if i was" He hurriedly bowed low to the teacher. " konichiwa Kirkland-sensei" The he rushed off to sit next to is brother.
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang
I'm 100% man aru!
Yao Wang

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 am

"Kiku aru!" Yao jumps off the window sill and establishes himself a seat in the nearby desk. "You're not late aru. It seems like there will be a lively Kirkland reunion first aru."
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

Teagan went and wrapped her arms around her twin's waist, a smirk playing on her lips as she watched their older brother's expression. "This is so amuzing, don't ya think, Cammie?" She asked, an amused lilt in her tone. "I think I'm gonna like this class... it won't be borin', that's for damn sure..." She hoped to see her brothers go through hell this year, it was really the only reason she was taking the classes... maybe if she filed for sexual harrassment, she could get their asses kicked out.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Cameron pouted at the denial of getting a kiss from his elder brother and pout and would had turned on the waterworks if the blonde didn't push him into a chair near his twin, which he instantly scooted his chair closer to hers. He snuggled against her when she wrapped a arm around his waist. "Aye, I think ye be right, don't ya know." Cameron nodded his head in agreement, but not for the same reason, both Hayden and him shared a love for the fables and such. "I agree, Hayden gets into his studies....It'll be interesting if he does the voices of the characters~" Cameron shifted so that he could pay attention in class, hoping this time Hayden won't chuck something at the two.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 pm

"Aye, that it would be!" She agreed. "But I dunno if he'd make the voices any good 'r not... though it'd be damn interestin' enough ta see 'im try!" She laughed and nuzzled against her twin. "Anyway, let's hope he teaches better than he raises, aye?" Teagan smiled, a gleam of mischief in her eyes.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am

Cameron giggled as she nuzzled him, "Aww, but he used to be really good at 'em!" Reasting his chin on her shoulder he could see the glint in her eyes the desire to cause havoc. "Aye, I hope so too." Raises his hand, but doesn't pull away from the cuddling.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 am

"So, big bro Rhys... is Robbie here, too?" She asked, a quirked smirk playing on her lips. "Cuz if so, ya might want ta be careful... I heard people could be kicked out o' the school for doing what ye two do, y'know?" She said, tucking a fiery curl behind her ear.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:08 am

Cameron put his hand down and looked at his twin with a confused look. "Wot ye mean, wot they do? Teachin' in the same school as yer siblings isn't legal, don't ya know." He rubbed the back of his neck, clueless to what his twin was referring to, considering he was a innocent to such subjects.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Hayden sighed as he watched his small class consisting of two Asian males, a blonde Canadian and his annoying twin siblings settle down on heir seats. Coughing as to clear his throat, he was about to greet the class to start the lesson when he was interrupted with a question of, "So, big bro Rhys... is Robbie here, too?" he heard Teagan ask, a pretty effective catalyst for his trademark embarrased blush.

Hayden scowled at her opened as he saw her smirk and was about to retort when he question was followed up with a, "Cuz if so, ya might want ta be careful... I heard people could be kicked out o' the school for doing what ye two do, y'know?" while tucking a strabd of her hair behind her ear.Hayden's already flushed face couldn't get a deeper shade of red anymore as it is now.

Of all places to be taunted! And infront of other students! His students, in fact!

The welsh man took to thought of having a stern talk with Teagan after class before he turned back to the students and finally opened his mouth to say, "Good morning class. Sorry for the delay, then again I do presume that this is still an informal meeting for us." he paused a bit and went on, "My name is Hayden Rhys Kirkland, your Journalism 101 professor. Don't you worry your heads, we won't always discuss journalistic writing techniques." He flashed a small smile as he was starting to get comfortable.

he culd get used to this.

"Aside from Journalistic writing, we might deviate from that to discuss all about mythology. Which is why I'll be rotating lessons, one week for journalism, another for etymology, that's mythological studies for you, to help you with the information intake." He took a deep breath and then finished with a, "Any questions?' statement.

With that he was quite sure his siblings would assult him with 'things' again, most especially Teagan.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang
I'm 100% man aru!
Yao Wang

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Yao plainly stares at the teacher. At this point he assumes this class would go off topic as many times since they're the Kirklands! He couldn't expect much from the Kirklands whether they are knowledgeable, talented, popular, etc... it would be like "Kirkland + Kirkland = no work done" in the end.

Since it's just the introduction, Yao's hand started to make some doodles on his notebook. He drew his panda then some realistic drawings of his family. Maybe next time he would like to learn manga drawing from Kiku.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 am

Cameron smiled and went to raise his hand, but put it down once he was shot a look from his brother. He loved to pull pranks and make Rhys blush and fumble his words, but he knew that he had a passion for this stuff. Plus it was better in private, he didn't like sharing his sibling's blushes with anyone else but family. He put his head in his hands and stared at his brother, remembering that this was the sibling that used to read them some stories and fables when they were young. Cameron raised his hand, really hoping that the action doesn't cause a eraser or book to be chucked at him. " Wot type of mythology are we to cov'r?"
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 am

A gesture of a hand being raised caught the man's eye, making look at Cameron in a surprised manner. "Yes Mr.... Kirkland?" he asked, avoiding the informalities. He wanted to treat his students equally even if some of them are his siblings.

" Wot type of mythology are we to cov'r?" he heard the boy ask, bringing about a wave of nostalgia to his body. He could still remember the days were the small boy would always run to him at nighttime by his spot by the fireplace, a big leather-bound book under his little arms. He would always demand stories of old from his story-spinner of a brother in which Hayden would always comply affectionately.

"A-ah? Mythology?" he replied, snapping back to reality. His lips formed into a serene smile, the one he would always wear during those times as he replied, "We'll be focusing first on the myths of Greece, followed by the Scandinavian ones. We'll also tackle the myths of the British Isles as well as Asian myths."

His gaze looked over at Yao and Kiku, "I do believe you know of some Mr. Wang? Mr. Honda?"
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang
I'm 100% man aru!
Yao Wang

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 am

Yao grins, "Of course aru. I'll be looking forward to it aru."

Yao wonders what kind of stories Scandinavian myths have. He hasn't heard any in his previous school back in his home country. This is his chance to learn foreign myths since back in his place western myths are not encouraged to learn.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Matthew choose not to care about the whole "Robbie" matter. He didn't wanted to know. Especially not when it could lead to trouble. And it was not part of his problems either. Even though the teacher's reaction was intriguing, it was better to just ignore it in his opinion.

He was more interested by what the teacher said after. Mythology? From all over the world? That seemed quite entertaining. He didn't have that much knowledge on it, and was eager to learn more. Especially since there was apparently two person in the class who come from a really different culture and could give further informations on it.
He already had turned around to look at Cameron when he asked his question, and was now staring at the two Asian. He was a bit surprised there wasn't more person in the classroom though.

He still was a bit puzzled. They wouldn't talk about the native American or the Inuit's myth? He fought his nervousness and raised shyly his hand, waiting for the teacher to let him talk.
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 am

Realizing something, Hayden looked over at Matthew with a kind smile on his face, seeing the blonde raising his hand. "Well Mr. Williams, are there other cultural mythologies that you would like to add?" He paused a bit to pick up his temporary class list and scrolls down on the names.

"If I'm correct Mr. Williams you come from the West?" He placed down his list and beamed on the boy widely, "Well then, do you have any suggestions to add to the list? I do say that American myths, I have less knowledge of."
Back to top Go down

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:41 am

Cameron wrinkled up his face at being called by his last name, it felt weird and made him feel like their father was there. He looked at his elder brother once he asked his simple question, and saw the warm smile break onto his face. Seemed like his brother was lost in a memory again. His brother always looked so happy when lost in memory.

He perked up when Hayden went over the type of mythology they would be going over. Leaning over to Teagan with a grin. “Aye, sounds fun, don’t ya know~” He wondered if she would be as excited about the lessons as he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Journalism 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journalism 101   Journalism 101 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journalism 101
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Academy W :: Old Threads :: RPs-
Jump to: