World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Please log in
World Academy W
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Academy W

A forum where Hetalia fans can join together to rp their favorite nations in an AU, high school setting. Loosely based on the Gakuen Hetalia game.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAffiliate: FF
------------- Welcome to World Academy W, the academy of ambiguous location where all your dreams will come true~! Or perhaps none of them. It really depends how lucky you are. -------------
Make sure you check The Noticeboard for news about Cultural Day!

Political Studies! Pay attention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Political Studies! Pay attention Empty
PostSubject: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 am

First day, new school, new class, new chances. The Turkish man grinned broadly, scratching his stubbled chin before continuing to set up his room before the students came in.

Admittedly, he thought he wasn't meant for this path but when he got the call from his cousin Zviadi about the faculty opening. After the last incident, he wasn't sure if he'd could control his temper around some smart mouthed punk. 'Kid deserved it' he thought. If nothing else, it was a chance to stir up some more trouble with his close cousin again.

Just do well this year,stay outta trouble,it'll be fine.

He wrote his name in careful letters on the board, shifted some papers on his desk, then picked up his cup of coffee and sipped it. He grimaced. "Agh, weak as hell"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Birthday : 1992-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Matthew, after that little discussion in the Kitchen with the teacher, had finally decided to go to his class, even if he was still really nervous about the whole participation thing. He really had some hardship when it came to talking in front of people. Not that he didn't have any opinions. it was more like people never asked him.

He knocked on the door lightly, since he managed to be on time once again(he used to sleep in and tried not to do it anymore now he was at this school, which worked most of the time), and opened said door slightly, peeking in. He knew the teacher wasn't too bad, just maybe a bit moody...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:35 pm

The Turk grunted his assent at the knock. "Come on in" he replied still grimacing over his weak coffee. He recognized the kid, the quiet one from the time in the kitchen. Nice, opinionated, seemed a little beat down.

"Hey, kid........Matthew right?" he smiled. "Glad ya could make it. Settle in alright? We're waiting on some stragglers." He said moving to his desk,grinning all the while.

"So what made you decide to join my class?" he asked casually.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 pm

He smiled nervously at his new teacher as he got inside, closing the door carefully as he usually did to avoid making too much noise. The way the teacher grunted didn't really help him relax. He noticed he was first, which would help him talk more freely for now... hoping he would keep on like that when the other students would show up.

However, as he was talked to, he noticed the other was smiling and being pretty nice to him. He nodded and went to sit at an empty desk of the second rank, not too far but not too close to the desk, in case the teacher really would start being angry (he had a P.O after all. Even if he was nice right now, he preferred to avoid being in his reach in case something happened)

He looked at the teacher and smiled a little more.
"It's... an interesting subject, I think... and I would like to be able to tell what I think about what happen around me so... it should be a good training? And you had good arguments last time..."
As he said that, he started putting a paper and his pencil case-with a Maple leaf on it- on his desk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 am

Lovi walked into class in a slow paced matter. He knew this teacher from a previous school, he didn't have him as a teacher, but he knew that the teacher disappeared halfway through the year. And that he was the type who stood in the hallway during class breaks and barked out orders to slow moving students.

Ignoring the teacher, he took a random seat and opened up the book for the class. Feeling bored with staring at the text, he pulled out a Student Aide form and began to fill it out, he heard that this teacher was looking for a helper, he thought he apply and see what happens. It was that or be molested daily by his boyfriend. And he wasn't going to make it easy for his boyfriend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:17 am

Sadiq did notice the kid sit farther back than he'd like. Seems his reputation and those damnable rumors preceded him. He shook his head and tried to brush it off.

"Interesting, yea........" he agreed. " S'always good to hear a new opinion now and again. A well thought out, cognitive opinion....." he muttered,trying not to recall the incident that led him to his last scrape. "Oh really kid? Training for what?" he asked leaning back a bit.

All the while, he glanced at the new arrival. He recognized the kid, an Italian smart ass who seemed to like pushing his buttons. If he were older, he might have even respected the kid. At present, he was just a punk. Maybe, just maybe after some time in this class, he'd actually tolerate him. That or add another strike to his record.

He spied the student aide form on his desk, his years at journalism school always taught him to be observant so such a thing wouldn't be lost on him. Had he remembered putting in the request for an aide, he would have worded it better.
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:08 am

Alt pushed the door open and walked inside the room, sitting down in the front row without ceremony, only scowling a bit. He put his feet up on the desk and looked around at who else was in the room. Teacher, Matthew Williams, and some kid he didn't know.

His frown deepened as he realised he was pretty early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Another kid....and this one he remembered. Another smart mouth with a chip on his shoulder. Man, he was attracting all of them. But they were his students now, he had to at least try.

He sighed and checked his watch. Still early. He decided to give it a few more minutes before he'd get down to business.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Matthew preferred to stay silent, not answering that training question. It was pretty obvious to him he couldn't speak up in front of big groups, which included a class. And if he wanted to make it work it would be better if he did it by himself too. He gave a slight smile to the teacher before glancing around, feeling a bit more nervous now other people came in.

He remembered seeing Lovino once or twice, and remembered he had no problem speaking up. Actually, he mostly remembered him arguing with people, including their teacher. He wouldn't have much problem in this class it seemed. Matthew just wondered why he was filling that Student aide thing, when he apparently wasn't getting along with the teacher.

As for Alt... He knew he was perfectly suited for that class, since he knew a lot of things on the world and was good at arguing. Even if it was to defend the fact he was degrading school's property. He stared at him as he went to sit, not really approving of the posture he adopted,since putting your feet on your desk wasn't something you were supposed to do, but kept it to himself.

He wondered how long it would take now for the lesson to actually start. He kept on looking around the classroom, having nothing better to do while he waited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:53 pm

The Matthew kid didn't answer his question. Normally, he'd hound the person, demand an answer, but this kid.....he liked him. He'd let him off the hook, this time. He sighed,then flashed his confident, yet condescending smile and stood up.

"Okay.......let's start. Late arrivals, I'll deal with them after class." he started. "First off, feet off the desk kid" he said referring to Altaf. "Ain't my furniture."

"Second, this is Political and World Studies. My name is Sadiq Annan and I'll be your instructor for this class." scanning the room he observed the less than enthusiastic faces in the room, this would be fun. "We'll be analyzing....and discussing the political trends of the world. We will learn about political theory, international relations,comparative politics and public policy. Participation is mandatory, ya don't talk, you weren't here."

He grinned again......."So, what brings you all here?"
Back to top Go down
Altaf Mashhadi
Hm.
Altaf Mashhadi

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:06 am

Alt narrowed his eyes and didn't move his feet from the desk. He was comfortable as he was, and he didn't intend to use the desk for anything else.

"What bring me here? I wanna rant a bit is all, really." Perhaps he could prove useful to the rest of the class as a living example of the sort of attitude some people from his country had towards India. An added bonus for them, then, if he didn't quit the class, that is.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Matthew was relieved the teacher didn't push the subject farther. He kind of got the fact the teacher liked when you spoke your mind, but it was kind of too personal to say it now other students were here.
He listened intently as the teacher spoke, remembering NOT to be late at any cost... Which happened a lot previously, but he should be able to handle it, right...?
And he was glad he said something about the feet. He looked at Alt, half expecting he wouldn't, knowing how he reacted usually... Which he did, refusing the authority once more.

He started thinking about how to word exactly the reason why he wanted to take this class, careful on what words he should choose and how to explain it the best he could. He took a deep breath and managed to raise his hand -which was shaking slightly since the room really was filled with what the teacher was calling "punk", people who's attention he really didn't wanted to grab- to ask the permission to speak, being polite and waiting for his turn to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:57 am

Yup, definitely a punk. He silently took a breath and pushed the mask up as it slid down his nose a bit. He was sizing him up, testing him a bit possibly. Nope, he wouldn't fall for it.

He answered Altaf first. "Rant, you shall do.....on the subjects pertaining to the current lesson. Ya will get a chance to present an original piece for your final project. More on that later. "

He waited calmly as the kid slowly raised his hand, quietly cheering him on. 'Come on kid, I know ya got it in you.' he thought. He leaned forward a bit and smiled at him. "Matthew, have something to add? Why are you taking this class?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political Studies! Pay attention   Political Studies! Pay attention I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Political Studies! Pay attention
Page 1 of 1